Wednesday, September 21, 2016

If I should become

If I should become a hashtag know I don't drink. Haven't since college. I never did drugs of any kind. Ever. I don't take medications and have no prescriptions that would alter my mood. I do not have a criminal record except for forgetting about a traffic court hearing many years ago. I don't speed - ask anyone who has driven with me.
I didn't yell, scream, curse or belittle anyone. I did not reach for anything unless I was told to and even then I clearly asked permission to do so before i did. I do not carry my wallet in my pocket for just such a reason and have not for over 25 years. I did not resist in any matter.
All the good things I have done in this life will be not talked about in an effort to find bad stuff about me. This is what you will be told over and over again. This is what happens when people to justify actions, even when wrong. When you talk about my good they will blame you for trying to paint a sympathetic picture of your father. The weight of the media will be crushing and insane.
I refuse to say it can't happen to me. That it won't happen to me. The evidence is stacked and mounting higher every day. This is a new civil rights war we are facing. More daunting than the first because now we also are fighting the illusion that there are no problems and those that profit from attempting to maintain that illusion. The level of dissonance is incredibly high from unbelief, ignorance, to out right denial and even acceptance.
But if becoming a hashtag means people will finally get it. That we will not just talk, post opinions, defend and deny but do something about these very real problems we have right now. If one more family doesn't have to go thru the horror of seeing or hearing about their loved one in such a manner. if it means you can live in peace and be accepted in this place called America for who you are and not what others want you to be,
I would gladly be a hashtag today. I would gladly die so you can live in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rawwwr

It is official. I am a dinosaur. The realization hit me when I was driving to pick my daughter up from her late-night shift. It was not the ...