Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Divorced? How dare you serve!

The following article surfaced on my Facebook page this morning from a friend of mine.

http://www.churchleaders.com/pastors/pastor-articles/162709-the-divorced-deacon-dilemma.html?p=1

The following is my response: Just wanted to share it with all.

It is amazing to me that we do more to keep folks from serving, then complain we need more folks to serve. God qualifies the unqualified. He uses the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. Correct me if I am wrong but He has never, ever called a perfect person to serve in any capacity to do His work. Now those that we choose to nominate to work for Him is another matter altogether. Those that the world - even the church in it's attempt to seek God - declare have no right to serve God, are the same ones that God has a way of using for His glory and His Glory alone. This disqualification taken from a time where there was polygamy, if implemented to the letter of the law starts with Deacons and Pastors to be sure but beware as it will be quickly extended to every auxiliary in the church. So who will serve since all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God?, Who will they serve since it is now a church of those with no uncomfortable and divisive issues to confront?

Nowhere did the original author state that many people get married for the wrong reasons. Even in the church - ministers get married because they know the majority of churches will not even consider them as a possible Pastor if they are not. I have known too many ministers who have done just that. How many marriages of convenience have been entered into so that he could say he was finally a Pastor? How many marriages have been forced down the aisle by the church or supposedly well meaning church members on a young couple so they would not "sin" against God? How many never really knew what the covenant of marriage means and simply got married to keep from letting someone get away or because it fit the mood of that moment - and later ended up divorcing?

God alone is the righteous Judge. I may see what has occurred on the outside but it is God that searcheth the reins and trieth the heart. He alone knows the inwards dealings of man. Truthfully if many had their way in our lives we would not even be writing these responses, let alone sitting in a church serving God in whatever capacity we do. At the end of the day I prefer to let God do His job and I concern myself being found acceptable in His sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rawwwr

It is official. I am a dinosaur. The realization hit me when I was driving to pick my daughter up from her late-night shift. It was not the ...