Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Going Forward...

Had a great time over the holidays. Best memory was sitting daughters down and telling them as much as I could remember about the Briggs - Hill - Edmonds Family history, starting with being slaves in Sussex County, Virginia to this present day. Grateful that before there was an ancestry dot com website we had written down our history and passed it on to the children through oral tradition Grateful that I listened to it and memorized most of it when young. Hilarious moment was while recounting my great grandfather was a peanut farmer who sold his farm and the family bought three lots of land in the Heights section of Petersburg, my youngest asked "so my great, great grandfather was George Washington Carver?" (at least she made the connection to Carver and peanuts at 10 years old.) It also reminded me that my first and second cousins are in this generation the elders of the family. The standard bearers. Those that the younger ones look up to, admire, and wonder all about.This is a tradition we will keep every year. So they will be able to orally pass this knowledge down to their children and grandchildren, should the Lord tarry His coming. #knowwhereyoucamefrom #itsaboutlegacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rawwwr

It is official. I am a dinosaur. The realization hit me when I was driving to pick my daughter up from her late-night shift. It was not the ...