Thursday, June 11, 2015

Ideal vs Real

There is an ideal America and the real America.

We are taught and indoctrinated by those who have a vested interest in hiding their involvement in past abuses of their own ideals. We are taught the ideals of a future state that constantly asks those being denied rights to ignore the abuses of the past, even when they still occur in the present. The reality of America is that the ideals of this country don't often manifest in reality but fora select few, often on sharply divided economic and ethnic lines. The idealists shout down those who point out the realities of not living up to the ideals. The realists often wallow in the realities pointing their fingers at the wrongs they have experienced without doing what they personally can do to push for better ideals.

Yet my present reality of living wont stop me from pushing for a better one for those that follow after me. We must give them better than what we have received. That is not an optional. Make it better starting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rawwwr

It is official. I am a dinosaur. The realization hit me when I was driving to pick my daughter up from her late-night shift. It was not the ...