Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thankful Thursday Continues...

Today's thanks goes to Rev Samuel McGriff Sr. Rev McGriff was not only my first football coach, he spent much time reaching out to me as I was teenager. He is one that I can say truly saw the best in me, when many of those around either did not see it, or refused to see it. His home was always open for me when I needed a break or just to be at peace. As I have gotten older I have come to appreciate the vital role he played in my life, not just as a football coach but as a counselor and a Man of God. He is proof to me that God puts right people in our path when and where we least expect it. They guide us, instruct us and lead us whether thru secular disciplines or spiritual to a greater knowledge of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rawwwr

It is official. I am a dinosaur. The realization hit me when I was driving to pick my daughter up from her late-night shift. It was not the ...